Erin has executive management experience and has spent almost ten years leading a tertiary training and education organisation.
With a background in teaching and learning as it applies to early childhood, secondary and tertiary sectors, Erin is passionate about using education as a change agent to provide high quality outcomes. She has held responsibility for the day to day management, strategy and vision development of tertiary education delivery.
As a keen follower of education trends and new digital learning platforms, Erin has led processes to translate education delivery materials from paper-based to online delivery models, specialising in early childhood education workforce training that is designed by the industry for the industry. Key achievements to date include:
- Supporting industry-leading educational performance indicators year on year and high learner and staff satisfaction and net promoter score ratings.
- Gaining Category One NZQA status through highly confident External Evaluative Review judgements.
- Growing learner markets to include national Government contracts with the Ministry of Education, community-based initiatives in collaboration with industry partners and programme stream that focuses on youth pathways and internships.
- Establishing competency-based frameworks and learning outcomes for industry to effectively measure return on training investment and show meaningful changes in practice for learners.
Skills Erin would bring to ITENZ include:
- An understanding of the secondary sector and the transition pathways into tertiary.
- Experience with designing staff culture and engagement strategies to promote high quality teaching and learning outcomes.
- A focus on industry training and embedding core competency frameworks to support fit for purpose on the job training.
- A passion for online learning and understanding how technology can be used to innovate and create meaningful learning experiences.
- A drive to influence through nurturing key relationships with key Government and sector representatives.