Educating for the Future
The vocational education and training review will impact us all in the PTE sector- how it operates, how it is measured and how it is resourced.
Educating for the future will bring together ITENZ members from across New Zealand delivering and supporting a variety of provision across many levels and funding streams to both domestic and international students. The conference will have relevance to all ITENZ members.
You will have a number of interesting and topical sessions to choose from as well as getting up to the minute updates from government aligned education groups.
Conference topics include:
- Digital technology
- Effective teaching and learning strategies
- Maori and /or Pasifica achievement
- Literacy and numeracy
- Student voice
- Preparing students for future employment
- Contribution to society
- Human resource management
Speakers confirmed for the 2018 Conference include:
- Hon Chris Hipkins – Minister of Education
- Tim Fowler – Chief Executive, Tertiary Education Commission
- Grant Klinkum – Deputy Chief Executive Quality Assurance New Zealand Qualifications Authority
- Rod Camm, CEO of the Australian Council for Private Education and Training
- James Koo – Chief Executive Officer of Niesh
- Murray Wilkinson – New Zealand AV Manger of Hills
Immigration New Zealand, Education New Zealand and Ministry of Education will also be presenting and more to be announced in the coming weeks covering the conference topics.
Tue, 11th September:
10:00-16:00 Keynote speeches
19:00-00:00 ITENZ Award Dinner (More details of the Excellence Awards, please click here)
Wed, 12th September:
09:00-15:30 2 keynote speeches and 6 breakout sessions
Come and hear the latest innovations and ideas to support you and your students through changing times in the education sector and network with your friends and colleagues at this wonderful venue.