The Independent Tertiary Education New Zealand (ITENZ), is a strong and credible organisation representing many PTEs across New Zealand.
All Full Members are registered with NZQA and comply with a rigid Code of Ethics. Affiliate members, which are clearly marked as such, are not NZQA registered.
To join the Association either phone 021 307 087 or email email@example.com
Some of the benefits of membership of ITENZ include:
- Membership of the Quality Commission Scheme.
- Being part of the pre-eminent representative PTE group for Government and its agencies to contact in order to obtain sector feedback on current issues and to disseminate relevant information.
- Representation to the Ministry of Education, TEC, NZQA, MSD and other Government Agencies.
- Representation on important strategy committees and working parties
- Negotiation and communication with Government Agencies in regards to new compliance issues.
- A forum for discussion on key issues.
- A service of information dissemination.
- A monthly news letter, InTENZ.
- An annual conference with guest speakers that are relative to current industry issues.
- A member networking facility.
- Professional Development Workshops, organised and provided by the Association.
- Strong linkages and alliances with other PTE groups to ensure effective PTE representation and to promote the interests of PTEs and their students.
- Raised public awareness of the value of PTEs and their important contribution to New Zealand’s economic development.
- A raised profile of the numerous social and cultural activities and services that PTEs provide for the benefit for all New Zealanders.
- Submissions on released documents on strategies and reports from such bodies as TEC and the MoE formulated and written on the members’ behalf.
- An actively supported Code of Ethics to ensure the perception of quality and fairness is part of the PTE brand.
- OfficeMax have a range of member discount offers.
- Tertiary Insight offer a subscription discount for PTE members. With a new Government making changes, it’s crucial for PTEs to keep up to date on sector trends, from international education, to funding, to quality assurance, to plans to help ITPs.