Awards for Excellence
- Domestic Student of the Year
- International Student of the Year
- Tutor of the Year
- Support Person of the Year
- Provider of the Year
- Innovative Use of Technology
- Margaret Yates Scholarship
- Supreme Award
SEBDATA – Domestic Student of the Year Award
ICEF – International Student of the Year Award
OfficeMax – Tutor of the Year Award
AdaptIT – Support Person of the Year Award
Southern Cross Travel Insurance – Leadership Award
Hills – Provider of the Year Award
MYOB – Innovative Use of Technology Award
Ako Aotearoa – Supreme Award
Eligibility for nominations of the ITENZ Awards
- Nominations must be submitted, and endorsed, by the nominee’s Principal, CEO or equivalent.
- In the case where the nomination is for the Principal, CEO or equivalent, the nomination must be endorsed by the Board of Directors or equivalent.
- The nomination must clearly state the Award Category applied for.
- Staff nominees must have been employed for a minimum period of three years in a tertiary organisation that is currently a member of ITENZ.
- Part-time staff may be nominated when their aggregated time in a tertiary organisation totals a minimum of three years and are currently an ITENZ member.
- The nominee’s document/portfolios may be developed either by the nominee or by others on their behalf. Where others have developed the portfolio this must be declared as ‘Authored by (include name)’.
- Any nominations that do not meet these conditions will no t be considered by the judging panel.
- ITENZ member organisations may make any number of nominations.
- The CEO/Director or equivalent of the organisation must complete the Nomination Form accompanying each nomination.
- The Employment History Form must be completed by the nominee to confirm a minimum of three years employment history in the tertiary sector and that they are currently an ITENZ member.
- The Student History Form must be completed to clearly show the programme of study during the period 1 January 2017 to the present.
- The portfolio must show the ways the nominee meets the relevant criteria.
- It should include evidence of student feedback; colleague or peer feedback and; where applicable, stakeholder feedback.
- Student evaluations and feedback must be a sample over the period covered by the application.
- It may include, within the 4,000 word limit, up to three formal references (e.g. from students, peers, employers, stakeholders).
- The portfolio must not exceed 4,000 words including references and feedback from students, peers, stakeholders and or industry.
- Tables, charts or illustrations will not be counted towards the word limit unless they are predominately text.
- The completed nomination
- The completed CEO/Director or equivalent of the organisation Nomination Form accompanying each nomination.
- The completed Employment History Form or Student History Form
- The portfolio with a screen snapshot of the word count.
- These are to be sent to: Admin@itenz.co.nz
- A copy of the nominations and portfolios will be sent to the panel members.
- Each will be assessed against the criteria as indicated by the category applied for.
- Panel members must declare any conflicts of interest, and where this exists, will be excluded from evaluating these nominations.
- Panel members will be automatically excluded from evaluating any nominations from their own organisation. Such decisions will be recorded.
- The panel reserves the right not to make an award in those instances where the nominations do not meet the required criteria for each category.
- The panel’s decisions will be final and no communication will be entered into.